What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Major problem on my 9A project

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
So I'm working along today, made the final holes on the canopy and working on the canopy skirts. Lots of cardboard boxes in the cabinets with expensive avionics waiting their turn next, engine in a crate 20 feet away, life is looking pretty good for a change.

Wife calls. She's pregnant.

Life just took a left turn through the bar ditch, heading for the fence. Gonna be different! :eek:

Airplane schedule and budget just took a big hit, but it's going to be worth it! :D

Buy everything now...

Buy everything now before she clicks on to what's got to be cut back on lol...

Congrats... Life will be different from this day forward... In a good way....

Many congratulations, Greg (and wife)!!!!

It's a net positive. Nobody would have a 2nd if it wasn't. :D

And, you're kid will think it's strange when a friend DOESN'T have a plane in the garage. Mine felt that way growing up.

Congrat's. Our little guy is a joy...

But... You'd better get moving on that -9 project. Once a kid arrives, your build routine is gonna go out the window...

Ain't that the truth. My -9A went on hiatus for 4 years after the twins arrived. The good news is that you have the expensive stuff purchased already.

As said above, build it, fly it, start a -10.

I can't help you fix your problem, but I can tell you how to prevent it from happening again... ;) Seriously, congratulations. Soon (but not soon enough), you'll have rivet buckers sized for those difficult areas, like the tail cone. :D

Your budget problems won't really begin until the child starts playing every sport, going to school, wanting the latest clothes, etc, etc. They're relatively cheap for the first couple of years.

Piece of cake

Greg,

Congrats!

Most people give us strange and dirty looks when our family goes somewhere, because I have 5 and one more on the way!:eek:

Wouldn't trade any one of them for a pile of gold. It's what life is about.

I will get my RV done one way or another....and then take them on individual special trips.

Enjoy.

Heck you have roon in that 9 for 3!

There is a gentlemen who is on this site daily who puts the child in the baggage area - You're good for a few years depending on what you feed that kid:D Congrats!

Like others have said...you timed it perfect having all the expensive stuff paid for first as well as a lot of build time invested. You won't want to part with all that much free time for a while once that kid gets here. I started my Empenage right about the time my first was born. She is 9 now and has two younger siblings and I'm in the same place on my build as you right now!

Congratulations Greg!
You'll have to get the 9A finished up now. Soon you'll have orders to start the 10, once she figures out how slow that 172 really is.

Best thing in life.

My major accomplishments in life include getting a pilot's license, wedding a fantastic woman and completing a great career. The best thing I ever did was to raise two beautiful daughters. Enjoy the time with your family, it will be wonderful. Airplanes are a bonus. Still working on my 9A which will someday speed my visits to the offspring.

Your budget problems won't really begin until the child starts playing every sport, going to school, wanting the latest clothes, etc, etc. They're relatively cheap for the first couple of years.

This is a very true fact. You have 4 years to get it done before the major kid expenses start. So hurry up!!! Congratulations on the little rascal.

Back