Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV Photo/Video URLs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 05:24 AM

Default Multi Camera Video RV-6 Mild Aerobatics

I've been having fun playing with the GoPro cameras. I made a video with multi cameras and edited them together in one clip. It is a big learning process to edit these things but a lot of fun. Check out the latest one, stay tuned to the end for a different view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHwgxOo8mEM&feature=plcp
RV-6 Slider
O-360
FP Wood Prop
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 AM

Default Camera mount on tail

Richard,

I would be very interested to see how you managed to mount the Gopro camera on the tail if you have any pictures.

Regards,

Rob
Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 AM

Looking good Richie! I like the undermount view.

Track my RV7A!!

Bought my flying -7A
Building an -8! (Fuse)
Old 09-05-2012, 08:54 AM

Default Pause the video in a side view.

I actually did take a photo of the mount but of course I don't have it with me. If you pause the video on a side view you can see the tail mount. What I did was cut a hunk of foam to fit aroound the fin. I taped sandpaper on the tail over some plastic and used the actual shape of the tail to sand the inside of the foam so it was a tight fit on the fin. I gave it a faired in shape and then I covered it in fiberglass. The inside fit tightly to the fin. I filled the inside with silicon rubber and put a piece of plastic over the fin. I stuck the mount onto the fin and let the silicon rubber set up. When I fit it to the rudder it is really snug and does not want to move. The fin gets larger as you move down from the top, so I just lower it till it's tight. I then just use some blue painters tape just to keep it from falling off. You can see the painters tape in the video. I also fiberglassed the GoPro open back to the mount. When I want to use it, I snap the front of the enclosure to it and tape it on. The sound is from a seperate voice recorder in the cockpit. If you want to see photos of the mount itself I can get them for you later today.
RV-6 Slider
O-360
FP Wood Prop