What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Oshkosh interviews

When do you anticpate them being posted the the EAA Radio app? All that is is there as of a few minutes ago is 2011 and earlier.

Bob,

Thanks for posting these. I spent the afternoon listening to these. Great way to kill time while working. :)

You should have a regular RV/Aviation podcast. There is a bunch of great folks here on VAF who you could interview!

Bob,

Thanks for posting these. I spent the afternoon listening to these. Great way to kill time while working. :)

You should have a regular RV/Aviation podcast. There is a bunch of great folks here on VAF who you could interview!

I've often thought about doing that. I have a game I play when I do speaking engagements with would-be journalists, called "ask me 7 questions." The theory is that if you let me ask you 7 questions, I'll find something worth writing about. (An example of this is how I 'discovered' Radar O'Reilly at a Denver McDonald's)

At one point, I thought about doing a weekly "interview" with VAF members, using the technology that Uncontrolled Airspace uses. I'd even talked to Jack Hodgson a bout it. I think I might've even mentioned it to Doug as a co-host, but I just never got the time or motivation to follow through on it because there was this stupid airplane I had to build. :D

Maybe someday.

I probably won't do the show next year. EAA has knocked down the building (right next to the brown arch) that was right on the flight line. That was half the fun: sitting upstairs talking to people and looking out at runway 18/36. I don't know where they're going to stick the operation next year.

Besides, the EAA Radio folks got called to headquarters when my name was submitted as one of the hosts (the bosses were not happy when I broke the story of the layoffs) and I'm not real keen on doing stuff that other people don't want me to do. And I'm not much of a PR guy.

Last edited:
Bob the Homebuilder - On the Radio

Thanks, Bob. Whatever opportunity arises, I hope you find a way to continue to share your very professional talent.

Last edited:
Wrong title

The 2012 interviews are up now at the link below:

http://www.airventure.org/radio/archives.html

Tom

Unfortunately, my interview was labeled by the EAA folks (not Bob) as "Don - RV-7" instead of "Pilots N Paws."

No one will be able to realize what it's about unless they stumble upon it and listen to it.

Sorta like my Dad's obituary in the state archives. It would be very difficult to get the errors in it changed. Doable but difficult.

Awesome! Just listened to the first and it had to be the interview with Brian and Brandi. These two have such a unique story and it inspires me.

If you guys are reading this. Thank you for showing your fellow generation how its done.

Very nice job Bob. Thanks for taking the time to put everything and allowing those of us who were not there to feel like we were!

Thanks again, Chad.

By the way, some of the best radio segments I've heard so far are the one with Chad and the two where Bob is being interviewed about his homebuilding experience.

The EAA Radio segments provide very enjoyable listening; much more enjoyable to me than TV programs so heavily laden with the same old advertisements.

Last edited:
Back