What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another RV-12 - Airworthiness Certificate

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Just finshed up and recieved the Airworthiness Certificate. Now starting a new chapter - moving into Phase 1 flight testing for 40 hours and look forward to flying now.

FAA AW cert.jpg

Congrats!

With the record speed you built that thing I wouldn't be surprised if you finish your 40 hours Phase One in 8 days :D

DSC_0004.jpg

Build time

Super fast build time David! Congrats on the "Ticket". Now I just hope you can fit in there! :p (You look pretty tall next to that guy)

Super fast build time David! Congrats on the "Ticket". Now I just hope you can fit in there! :p (You look pretty tall next to that guy)

No problem fitting. Before purchasing the 12, comfort and performance was the criteria before ordering. So a year ago at Oshkosh I sat in Van's Blue RV12 at the show. I did remove the wedge under the seat, "I got the pre-RV grin and ordered one". Even after removing the seat wedge to get more head room and it was still very comfortable.

About a 2 months ago I did transition training and with an instructor about my size. We both fit in his RV12 no problem. We were just under gross with great performance and comfort (on a hot day).
Also the DAR was short :D

Another RV-12 @ KPTW Airworthiness Certificate Issued

Just rec'd Airworthiness Certificate for N470MB ELSA
Time to fly this bitch!
DSCN0293sm.jpg

What would you KPTW guys do without the forum? You are as bad a Valcek!

Congratulations.......Darrell.

Back