What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Purple proseal?

Scott Will

Well Known Member
Was working on my fuel level senders last night and a local A&P mentioned I should look into using purple proseal for my access panels and such. I think the number he said was PR1482. Tried googling it this morning but didn't come up with anything under that number. I came up with CS3330 from Flamemaster about which they say:

Access Door Sealant Used as a strippable fillet for integral fuel tanks and pressurized cabins, as a strippable fillet and as a gasket for removable parts. Available Class A or Class B, 1/2 hr. or 2 hrs.

Anyone tried this stuff. He says it's made for access panels and is easy to remove when necessary.

http://flamemaster.com/Products&Services/prod02.htm

You're close...it's PR-1428. It has a release agent in it to make removing the access panels easier. Should be easier to find now... :)

Maybe Pink?

I was just chatting about PRC with an AI today. He said the stuff for access panels on tanks was pink. That's all news to me, but it may be good info.
h

Back