What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is it and where?

Vlad

Well Known Member
DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

jeez right answer in 5 minutes how would you know? :D

lol - sorry Vlad. I just spent four days up there touring every backcountry stip in the book. Ask again in a couple more weeks and I probably won't remember that I was even up there!! :)

lol - sorry Vlad. I just spent four days up there touring every backcountry stip in the book. Ask again in a couple more weeks and I probably won't remember that I was even up there!! :)

Wow! That's cool! I wish I could do that I didn't even finish half of NJ :D

VMAN, must of been tough not going down for a flyby.

congrats on a stunning trip. i wish i was part of VAF back in the day when i was flying as much as you are. these trip write ups are great motivators for the riveters out there.

even though, you are in the minority. most flyers dont venture very far from the nest. that gives me an idea for a good poll............?

img0757x.jpg

VMAN, getting ready to leave stuart fl for sights unknown. :cool:

Hi Vlad,

I was sorting thru some pictures today and found one of Moose Creek. Reminded me of this thread and thought I'd post it for another perspective - with MY wing tip in the frame! :)

MooseCreekID1024.jpg

Hi Vlad,

I was sorting thru some pictures today and found one of Moose Creek. Reminded me of this thread and thought I'd post it for another perspective - with MY wing tip in the frame! :)

MooseCreekID1024.jpg

Could you describe your landing experience there? It was bouncy at 10.5 I couldn't imagine how it feels down there. Nice pic.

Could you describe your landing experience there? It was bouncy at 10.5 I couldn't imagine how it feels down there. Nice pic.

Sorry, I did not land. I was a flight with an RV-4. The RV-4 driver is an experienced back country sort and he spent a lot of time dragging most of those strips - touching down on a few of them. I spent most of my time orbiting, watching, and learning.

All of our "touring" was done in the early morning so the air was smooth.

Back