What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Duckworks Landing Light Question...

idleup

Well Known Member
I am mounting the duckworks landing light in the last wing bay of my RV-7A. The wing bay is about 1/2" wider than the light mount. Has anyone else had this issue? I would imagine it is common unless I got the wrong size light mount. I measured from rib to rib in the last wing bay and it was 13.25" and the width of the light mount is 12.75"...

It says in the instructions that it should fit without modification on the RV-7. Did they send me the wrong size maybe?

- Matt

Mine fitted (left wing)

Drop them a quick email. Mine for the left wing of the RV8 (same wing) fitted without modification.

Cheers,

Matt,

There are some pictures of my installation on my site www.gapilot.com/construction. Or go to 'Construction Information' section from the main home page. You will see the Duckworks landing light listed.
While you are working on your wings thinks about your cable runs, and how many cables you have. I fitted my wings at the weekend and found running the wires hard work. Especially as I did not originally plan to fit an (EZ-Pilot) servo in the wing. So there were more wires than I anticipated!

Hope it helps you out.

Regards,

Tim.

William, I am confused how joggling it will fill a 1/2" gap. Maybe I dont understand what is meant by "joggle". I define joggle as a shaking motion.

Also, The type I have is not the kind with one side cut off.

- Matt

Back