What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quick Build stick Interference

jdeas

Well Known Member
I have not hooked up my linkage yet but I noticed the fwd limit of my control stick was limited by rib interference before going over the center of the spar.

gif hosting
This was a quick build and it appeared that the ribs had already been cut. Has anyone else had to trim more material off their ribs on a QB?

Wait till you have all your controll surfaces hooked up and adjust to proper travel limits. There is a good chance you won't needto do anything.

Too far out?

Wait till you have all your controll surfaces hooked up and adjust to proper travel limits. There is a good chance you won't needto do anything.

That was my first thought but right now I can't even get the stick fwd enough for panel clearance to be an issue.

The answer is in the middle

As everything in life the answer is in the middle and everyone is right

First setup your control system then grind where needed. I needed to trim a good amount so no worries its a common issue.

Marco
RV-7

Yeah, he's right. Your forward travel of your stick probably isn't going to reach this point anyway -- the elevator stop will dictate that -- but I had to grind away a little bit here. Not much, but a little bit.

Move on. It'll be OK.

Back