What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody switch from Kitlog to web-based log system?

IPad App Available

A gentleman in New Zealand has created an app called Aircraft Builder for use on an IPad. I think it is relatively new. One feature I like is you can publish the log to a .pdf.

A gentleman in New Zealand has created an app called Aircraft Builder for use on an IPad. I think it is relatively new. One feature I like is you can publish the log to a .pdf.

Hmmm.. I just really hate trying to create content on an iPad. I use it plenty to CONSUME media, but hate trying to CREATE media on it.

The hours display on my site (which is using the get custom field values plugin) is still working, so I've created a zip file of the plugin components and added that to the page on my site with the other details and information. (or, here's a direct link). No guarantee that this is the most recent version of the plugin; it's the version I have from way-back-when, before the coffee2code site went down. It's working on self-hosted Wordpress 3.3.

KC's alternate method is good, and has the advantage of less overhead than the plugin, since the function he shows is built into the core of Wordpress. In fact, it's probably the way I would go if I was building the site now, rather than 7 years ago (wow, has it been that long since I started the RV?). At that point, I was just following the guide put together by Dave Parsons of RV-7 fame.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I have a normal WordPress instance running on my server. I run a small web host company and provide WordPress to my customers (along with a bunch of others) via Installatron so I naturally used it to spin up my WordPress install. Here's the domain in all its default-ness: www.theskunkwerx.com

I'm going to tinker with the hours plugins in a bit and see if I can get something going I like, as well as look for a good theme. I figure since its going to be at least 4 to 6 months before I ready for my tail kit, I might as well get my build blog setup.

I am also looking into setting up a webcam and having it do time lapse shots from the shop and shoot video as well. My wife has volunteered to be the "secretary" and handle the photos and video.

Last edited:
Back