What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Black Plastic or Nylon Washers?

N62XS

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a source for black plastic or nylon washers in sizes from #4 to 1/2"?

Buy white/clear nylon ones. Boil a little bit of water in a pot and add black fabric dye. Boil the washers for a minute or two. They'll be black.

PJ Seipel
RV-10 #40032

Rupester,

Beware of the adel clamps - they are not all the same rubber. Hardware store ones tend not to hold up as well in the engine compartment.

greg

Another side note....

NOT to hijack the thread, but....

Some of you mentioned "Adel" clamps. I use these types of clamps in my manufacturing business, to the tune of about 5,000 of them per year in a 2.5-inch I.D. / size. When researching places to acquire these clamps, I quickly learned that 'Adel' is a trade name, and not the real and/or the only descriptor for the clamp. Same thing as calling a tissue a Kleenex, or a soda pop a Coke. In other words, the Adel company was the first to make them and the name kind of stuck.

If you need a GREAT source for Adel-type clamps, do a quick Google seach for Umpco, Inc. They are fantastic to deal with, will sell in small quantities, and their prices can't be beat- even on small ticket orders. In addition- and back to the thread topic- McMaster is a great source for your washers. Don't ask me how they do it, and don't even charge for it, but: if you order something today, you always get it tomorrow with NO overnight fee's. I ordered about $20 worth of plastic hole plugs from them on my first order, and low and behold, the next day a courier brought them to my office! Incredible service! And, they will also give you a catalog that honest to God, has everything in it you could ever think of, and weighs about 15-pounds!
Hope this helps someone along the way...

Last edited:
Back