What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Navaid Users Question

mrreddick

Well Known Member
I have recently got my Navaid wired properly and have managed a few short (less than 2 hour) trips. Although my unit tracks the GPS pretty good, while cruising I have noticed that we are constantly slowly rocking a few degrees to each side of wings-level. After landing for the day, I sometimes feel like I've been out on the lake all day.
Is this normal for the Navaid? or is there a way to get a more solid feel?
It occurs in wings-level and course-tracking modes. I have played with the turn and trim knobs, depending on which mode I am using, but I can't stop the rocking motion.

I too had a problem with the unit oscillating while flying. A quick call to the factory told me that the newer units have a resistor installed in the servo to correct this problem. I can't remember what the value of the resistor was, but once installed, it solved the problem. Also, I set my GPS scale down a little so I stay on course better. Very pleased with it's performance. From coast to coast twice without any problems.

Next item to get is altitude hold.

Back