What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

K and N Filter Serial Number

Steve A

Well Known Member
I have a IO 360 with the horizontal induction from Van's/Lycoming. The fiberglass induction system had a K and N filter. For some reason, my filter curled up and I am interested in replacing it. Does anyone have the number to the K and N filter? I think I can buy it locally and not have to order it from Van's and wait for it to come in.

Second question: Has anyone else seen this problem. It looks like the filter split down the middle. I had it bracketed in the holder but it apparently bend and the corners peal up letting in unfiltered air.

Thanks.

S S Anderson
RV 7A Flying
Almost out of Phase I
Hot, hot Louisiana

I have a IO 360 with the horizontal induction from Van's/Lycoming. The fiberglass induction system had a K and N filter....... Does anyone have the number to the K and N filter?
Difficult to say with absolute certainty. The multi-language paperwork included with this K&N air filter supplied by Van's (for use with my horizontally inducted IO-360) seems rather broad and generic in nature. Perhaps the numbers around the bar code can offer some helpful clues.

rhr8zb.jpg

Number on Box

I tried to zoom in on the box when I went to Van's web site. My image did not show that clarity and I could not read the number. However I did order a 33-2060 from K and N which from the web site looks like the one I have.

Thanks for the info. I put another hold down aluminum strip on my filter to help hold down the edge and prevent curling. I flew about 1.4 hours this weekend and it seems to be working.

S S Anderson
Lafayette, La.
RV 7A Flying

Back