What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNC300XL to Trutrak wiring

49clipper

Well Known Member
I have been through the wiring diagram three times and I still cannot find the wire that goes from my GNC300XL to the trutrak autopilot. It lists several rs232 in and outs but with no other info. anybody got any info on which wire I need to connect to my ADI II?

49clipper

Disregard the last question, I just found it on the TruTrak installation manual. Its the RS 232 Output 2 on pin 19.

Hi Jim.....

...be sure to go through the 300XL setup in the manual to get to the ARINC output, etc, so that it'll talk to the TruTrak.

You're gonna love it,

Pin #19 or Pin #24

There was another discussion recently about Garmin 300 XL serial outputs. In the previous thread pin #24 (RS232 #1) from the 300XL was used for serial feed. I have my 300XL feeding my Dynon FD 180 and Trio autopilot using pin #19 (RS232 #2) and everything works fine. Is the same information available on both pins? Here is a link to the previous post

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=40425&highlight=300xl+trutrak

Also, if using pin #24 for the serial output, what is the setup supposed to be in the 300XL allowing NMEA?

Thanks

Rocky,

There is a Wiki page for the 250XL which should be similar / identical to the 300XL. However, it says, "Unconfirmed." (Click on the link to 250XL on the page linked above).

If you find that your wiring solution works, would you please update the Wiki page (or create a new page for the 300) for future users? It will also help Dynon keep their documentation tight.

Back