Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2008, 08:10 AM

Default CR3214-4-x Cherry Rivets. Where to buy or split an order?

Does any one know where to buy small quanities of CR3214 Cherry Rivets? These are the reduced head rivets that have the same size head as AN426 AD3 solid rivets.

I need less than 10, -4's and -5's but the only place that I've been able to find them is Genuine Aircraft Hardware and the minimum order is 100. (Even the so called 10 pak rounds up to 100 on the web store).

I don't really want to spend $135 for 20 rivets. Does anyone know where to buy these in small quanitities?

Alternatively, if I buy 100 each does anyone want to split an order? I re-package and sell at cost + postage.
Jacksonville, FL

Last edited by Rick_A : 06-30-2008 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Grammer
Old 06-30-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_A View Post
Does any one know where to buy small quanities of CR3214 Cherry Rivets? ......I don't really want to spend $135 for 20 rivets. Does anyone know where to buy these in small quanitities?......
Yea, I know where you can buy em. Just last week I purchased and recieved a stash of CR3213-4-3 for .27 each! Try to beat that price anywhere. This is the vendor I bought em from and here is the CR3214 you seek. HINT: When searching for a particular item and have no luck finding it, try using the automatic e-mail notification feature so if that item becomes available at some future date you will get a heads up.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...4-4&category0=
EAA Technical Counselor
Old 06-30-2008, 08:46 AM

Default Yes, good supplier but

I bought the only CR3214-4-4's that he had and he didn't have any -5's. I emailed him and he said he's only got what's he's listed on his web store.
Jacksonville, FL
Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 PM

Default My solution

I decided to bite the bullet and ordered 100 each of 3214-4-4's and -5's. Since I only need less then 10 each, please let me know if you want to buy some of these Cherry rivets.

The rivets cost me $0.64 for the -4's and $0.72 for the -5. I'll sell them for my cost plus actual shipping cost for a minimum of 10 rivets.

These are an excellent solution for the very difficult to buck rivets under the longeron. The -4's are good skin's to longeron and the -5's are needed where the 4 "spar clips" are located. I'm using these to for the last 20+ rivets on my slider forward top skin.
Jacksonville, FL