What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 and the TruTrak Digiflight II VSGV

till3

Has anyone encountered problems during the initial setup of their TruTrak Digiflight II VSGV? I'm in the middle of working out bugs with mine and would like to know what problems, if any, others have had. I have verified all post installation checks and flight responses up to engaging the EFIS and GPS. I get all the correct indications on the TT control head, but the aircraft control is erratic. Oh yes, I've wired, re-wired and conducted several test flights; and still no joy. I'm working with Lucas at TT he says that the RV8 is a little different to set up. Anyway, I would like some input from this forum.

Thanks,

RV8 Tru Trak

Jim

I also have a trutrak, Horizon Efis, 430 setup. I have been using the setup with mixed results. I lately have had issues with data dropping out to the Trutrak. (I am thinking I might have a loose wire)

I am not sure I have my VOR\ILS configured\EFIS setting correct as of yet.

If you are available, I would appreicate calling you at your convienence to discuss your wiring and configurations on Garmin.

steve
RV8

RV8 and the TruTrak Digiflight II VSGV

Yes, please call, 770-460-8450, c: 404-964-0941. I should be home all day tomorrow so call me at home any time after 10 in the morning. I'll share some wiring changes and thoughts about my TT.

TruTrak Followup

I removed my Digiflight II VSGV programmer and returned it to TruTrak for another check out. I have been unable to find the problem and can only believe that it is the programmer. I'll post the results of this effort for those that are interested.

TruTrak Followup

Spoke with Mark at TruTrak this afternoon. He stated that the lateral gyro required replacement and that he felt that this would solve the problems I've encountered. I should receive the programmer back and do the test flight by the middle or late next week. I'll post the results for those interested.

There is joy in Mudville tonight.

Received and installed the TruTrak this afternoon. The test flight was short but it worked well. I was unable to do anything other than the simplest tasks due to the weather, but am sure the next flight will be as advertised. The invoice stated: "Replaced yaw gyro, updated software to version 2.25, reset to factory settings per customer request, replaced pitot/static block, function tests on bench within factory specifications."

Back