What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Planning the Great Escape

eric.the.blonde

Planning the extraction of the project from a heated, comfy walkout basement. The fuselage rests on a dolly supported by a triplet of 8" urethane casters which turn and translate easily. Door removal is likely if the engine is mounted.

Link to album

Sorry about the lack of thumbnails. I'm over 50.

Looking Good, Eric

My plan was mapped out just as you are doing. Had doubters, but it all worked. My engine, prop, and gear were on. Tail feathers and wings had been on, with incidence set, etc., and then removed. Sliding glass door removed, dolly on one gear, slid other one on smooth plywood to get it out of the door.

Keep on keeping on. You got this!

Merrill

This is great. I remember my Dad building wood boats in Denver and the "big move' out of the basement. Enjoy the day.

I now live in California. What again is a basement?

The best part

The best part is the paper version of the plane moving through the door opening, old school still works. That is what I would have posted on the front page of VAF.

And then I scrolled down the page to see the paper model! LOL

The best part is the paper version of the plane moving through the door opening, old school still works. That is what I would have posted on the front page of VAF.

Some times we have to laugh at ourselves!

Built two Cozy MKIV's in my basement. Pretty much everything except the main wing spar's attached. Big moving day. Cut out a big section of my family room floor for extraction. Invited some strong friends to help and bribed them with BBQ meal afterwards. News paper reporter came out to do a photo story on it. What a great day that was! Folks with a walkout have it made.:p

Move

It looks like the wing spar might be too wide to go out the door. Just remember you can pick the fuselage up and turn it vertical so the spars will go through the door. It’s not that heavy even with motor mount. If from the picture is what you are removing.

Back