What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7A instructor

texdog

Well Known Member
Need a RV7A instructor in central Texas. Checkout for insurance. Pilot is current in 7 but insurance wants checkout in 7A.

Fred and Sam,

I'm near Georgetown, at 07TS. I'm a CFI with about 1500 RV hours. If I can help with check-outs or other training, happy to do so. Shoot me a PM and I'll reply with my phone number. Looks like Fred may have it covered, but if I can help, lemme know.

Cheers,
Bob

Insurance companies are getting ridiculous

If someone can fly a 6, 7, or 9 they can certainly fly an A model. For that matter is there really any difference between the 6, 7, and 9's? Of course I'm preaching to the choir.

I had a similar issue, I was able to talk the underwriter through the similarities as well as advise they could call Vans, after 24 hours of them "reviewing" I got the OK and they agreed a 6, 7, 7A, 6A were enough to suffice.

Have you tried to have this conversation?

RV 7A Check Ride

I just flew my new RV7A across country from AZ to LA. I guess by the grace of God, I was fortunate enough to have done it without incident. I say this because I did it without insurance. Now, I can buy insurance at a discount and no check ride requirement. I was not able to find anyone near me to meet the requirements imposed by the insurance company. I did fly with a multi-thousand-hour RV pilot and that was my insurance.

The RV7 is absolutely a Blast to fly. Wondering why it took me so long to buy one.

Bob
RV 7A 3rd owner

Instructor

If your insurance requires a sign off by an instructor, just because you fly it 100 hours before the checkout, you are not covered by insurance unless they say so. I suggest you read your policy or call.

Back