What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Build Plans

mags591

Hey everyone,
In an effort to save time, does anyone have a link to the RV12iS build plans? I ordered the RV9 and RV14 from vans a while ago and received it on a USB drive to preview the plans and I have kinda decided to go in another direction and consider building an RV12iS. I would like to see what the plans look like for the build and potentially order a kit this coming week.
Thanks!

The entire KAI (Kit Assembly Instructions) is not available on-line, but the sections that have revisions publish have public access, so you could at least look through those to get an idea of what they are like.

Go to THIS LINK and scroll to the Revisions and Changes section towards the bottom to find the section with KAI revisions

The entire KAI (Kit Assembly Instructions) is not available on-line, but the sections that have revisions publish have public access, so you could at least look through those to get an idea of what they are like.

Go to THIS LINK and scroll to the Revisions and Changes section towards the bottom to find the section with KAI revisions
I appreciate that. Do you know if there is a way to buy the plans someplace and get instant download access? I have no problem paying the $10, I just don't want to wait the several weeks for the USB drive to arrive. I already did that for the RV9 and RV14 plans because I was originally going to build one of those, but I really evaluated my mission and realized those aircrafts are not in the league i'm looking at.

Digital download

Same here, I want to get digital plans for the RV-7 as a useful reference for my RV-6A and am also happy to pay the $10, but it seems a bit daft to require international postage and handling for something that is digital. C'mon Vans, this will also free up your orders department so they can deal with real parts! :)

Same here, I want to get digital plans for the RV-7 as a useful reference for my RV-6A and am also happy to pay the $10, but it seems a bit daft to require international postage and handling for something that is digital. C'mon Vans, this will also free up your orders department so they can deal with real parts! :)

Completely agree!!!! Not that $10 is an issue, but if they made it digital, they probably wouldn't even need to charge! Sling for instance has easy access to their plans that can be viewed by anyone just through a couple clicks of their website without the need to pay for anything. Just seems a little "old age" to require it to be shipped on a USB drive given the technology age we live.

I think there are plans to have a way to do it digitally in the future but I'm sorry, at the moment that is the only way to purchase the complete set.

If Van's is agreeable, you can pay them the $10 and I can get the plans to you digitally.

If not, then just PM me your address and I can mail you my extra USB stick - I ended up with two.

And here's a pic to prove I'm not being subversive :D:

Attachments

• IMG_3213.JPG
    IMG_3213.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 70
Back