What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bought my first RV!

markserbu

It's an RV-8A, beautifully built back in 2002 by an aerospace engineer. Sold in 2017 to a mechanical engineer, and now in the hands of another mechanical engineer. Kind of ironic! I love the faux weapons panel...since I'm a gun designer and own a firearm manufacturing company it's kind of amazing that this plane "found me". I'm not new to RVs, having been non-equity partner on an RV-6A for around 4 years on my buddy's plane. This one is a bit faster and I find I can easily cruise at 165-170 KTAS. The panel is good but there are a couple of changes I'd like to make. Overall very happy with this purchase! BTW, I "sanitized" the tail number until the registration transfers over to me.

RV8_1.jpg

RV8_2.jpg

RV8_3.jpg

RV8_4.jpg

Guns-Rockets-Bombs beats the heck out of Spare. Have fun!

Last edited:
I had a Honda VFR with a "Front Machine Gun" switch. Once I took it to the shop for a new tire and the service ticket came back reading "Front Machine gun inoperable"

Thanks, Ron! I'd take ANY kind of hangar, since I'm currently stuck in a tie-down near the AWOS antenna! I guess it'll be better soon when the snowbirds head back North.

Thanks, Ron! I'd take ANY kind of hangar, since I'm currently stuck in a tie-down near the AWOS antenna! I guess it'll be better soon when the snowbirds head back North.

Funny how that works...right now here in Minnesota, we have at least a few vacant hangars. They'll fill up about that same time...:)

Back