What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tom Swartzlander

Foghorn

Well Known Member
Just in case anyone here remembers him.

Thomas G. Swartzlander, Jr flew west yesterday morning, 8 Sept 2020, after a 15 month battle with cancer. Tom always had a smile and kind word to say to everyone. I met him 5 years ago when he was building in the hangar across from me. Tom was my introduction to Van's Aircraft. He was a UPS 767 captain, member of the Commemorative Airforce (L19 Birddog) and an all around great guy. He is survived by his wife, Barbara, of 30 years. Tom and Barb had no children.

I've been trying to finish his kit so that he could fly in it. There is just too much kit and not enough time. He did request that I fly Barb in the plane once its complete. Which I will do.

RIP Tom - You were a great friend!

Tom was a customer, and sold his kit to Jeff when he got sick. I was just up there for Suzanne's memorial and internment on the Eastern Shore. Sad times for all of us. 'Tug" and I developed a friendship over his RV8, and I was sad to hear that he was stricken. Even sadder now.

Sincere condolences to Barbara, and all their friends. He will be missed.

Tom

Back