What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Circuit Breakers

p51dplt

Well Known Member
For those who have installed Dynon equipment, did you put the servos on separate breakers or both on one? How about the trim motors, did you put a breaker in the circuit?

I'm trying to get me breaker list together and curious what y'all have done.

Thanks!

Stein did my layout, and both A/P servos are on one CB. Then there is a seperate circuit breaker that powers the Trim, all thought it is labeled Auto Pilot. This follows the notation on the Dynon schematics.

Lynn

The installation manual for the Dynon SkyView shows both servos powered from one common 10A circuit breaker.

The installation manual for the Dynon SkyView shows both servos powered from one common 10A circuit breaker.

Minor correction. The manual states a 5A breaker for AP servos. Page 2-5 of the 15_4 (AE) manual.

One breaker for both in my plane.

They are not required for flight as I can always hand fly it. Thus, if one shorts out and takes both out, I can still fly home.

That was the criteria I used to determined if multiple items should share a commone breaker.

Thanks for the replies on the servos. I will go with one breaker for them.

What about the trim motors going through the Skyview Autopilot control panel?
Anyone???

Thanks for the replies on the servos. I will go with one breaker for them.

What about the trim motors going through the Skyview Autopilot control panel?
Anyone???

The SkyView autopilot module provides the trim switching function as well as the AutoTrim function. It does not provide power for the roll and pitch servos. Put both of these on a standard 5amp pull breaker. The install manual covers this.

Carl

Back