What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New to me Kit

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
After what seems like lifetime of flying other peoples airplanes, a couple of years ago I started getting serious about an RV.

I won't bore you with the details of all the analysis paralysis I went through, but I had pretty much finally settled on a 7 and even though I was hoping to find a deal on a used kit, I'd given up on ever finding one that was both a decent quality and close enough to go through the hassle of bringing it home.

I was planning to buy a new emp kit on Sept 5th because it's my birthday, but on the 4th a guy here in town reached out to me to see if I was still interested in buying his 7 wing and emp.

Timing was right, price was right, and the location couldn't be beaten. 2 days later I had it in the garage. How cool is that?

It needs some rework, but I couldn't have asked for an easier transaction and I'm really excited to dig in.

After the dust settled, I started a kit log with the new EAA program. Here's a link if anybody is interested. Feel free to comment, as I'm sure I'll have tons of questions and mistakes made along the way.

https://myeaa.org/?myproject&proj=7WxtkKls2&add

Congratulations, Terry!

I'm also an AZ builder working on a 7. I'm about two years and 3 months into my project and am working on the bulkheads for the fuselage. I work on my project every chance I get, which usually means long hours in my garage on the weekends. I have a full-time job and a family, so not much progress is made during the week.

Good luck!

Ryan

Back