- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:40 PM

Default GRT New 10.1 Horizon EFIS

GRT Avionics announces it most advanced and easiest to install EFIS to date, the 10.1 Horizon, and 10.1 Sport. Designed around the brightest, highest-resolution LCD screen and fastest processor in our company?s history, the 10.1 extends the popular HXr product line while simplifying installation. Built into the 10.1 is the proven, Adaptive AHRS, with a second AHRS as a low-cost option. With the popular Safe-Fly 2020 GPS mountable on the rear of the 10.1, along with the Uavionix UAT, cutting installation time significantly, and at a cost 20% lower than the competitor?s nearest comparable EFIS

Following our company?s tradition, the 10.1 maintains full compatibility with a wide variety of 3rd party avionics and is backed up with our well known customer support. It also continues support for heads-up displays, as well as instrument approaches for the 10.1 Horizon.

Shipments of the 10.1 are planned for no later than June 1st.

Greg Toman
GRT Avionics
Old 04-26-2019, 03:54 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Toman View Post

Following our company?s tradition, the 10.1 maintains full compatibility with a wide variety of 3rd party avionics
One of the best reasons to use GRT, IMHO.

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 04-26-2019, 04:14 PM

Default GRT EFIS

I saw this new product at Sun 'n Fun and it looks really good. I already have two great working 8.4" GRT HXr screens in my airplane and not enough room for the 10.1" so very little reason for me to make a change. Having said that if I was starting over I would look seriously at installing the 10.1"

RV-14A under construction.
An ADVANCED PANEL from AFS. Dual AF5600 10.4" EFIS'
Avidyne IFD540 FMS Navigator, uAvionix AV-30 B/U EFIS
Lycoming IO-390 EXP
SDS EFI/EI FADEC system
Check out my FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/976335912852865
Old 02-16-2020, 04:26 PM

Default GRT Horizon 10.1

I have been looking at their Web site and got a few answers by email from them. Their GRT forums do not have anything on the Horizon 10.1 yet. I would like to see more of their how to videos like they did on the older ones. As far as I know hunting the internet that no one is sending any info on the 10.1. Looks like if they want to sell any they would put out some videos. On my last plane I used bought their 2 WS models then upgraded one to the HS model. Really liked them, the HS model came out with a real good screen could see it clearly in the sun with the canopy opened. I would like to use their 10.1's on my new RV7 if I could see some good reviews/ or flying videos on them. Maybe someone will start a tread on this site, I would but don't know how to start a thread. Cheers-Bob
Old 02-16-2020, 06:55 PM

If you liked the HS, you?ll love the new Horizon 10.1. Better screen resolution, synthetic vision, etc. IMHO looking at U-tube videos is the worst way to make a buying decision, but to each his own.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:04 AM

Bob Turner: You are the 1st one that gave me a review so thanks for that. I assume you are using one. If you don't mind what kind of Nav/com radios, transponders, ADS-B etc. do you have hooked up to it. I've found out the 10.1 doesn't come with the ARINC but does come with the AHARS. I want IFR so would have to have the ARINC for a Garmin 175 which is not on their compatibility list but GRT said they will make it work. Thank you
Old 02-18-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRV7 View Post
Bob Turner: You are the 1st one that gave me a review so thanks for that. I assume you are using one. If you don't mind what kind of Nav/com radios, transponders, ADS-B etc. do you have hooked up to it. I've found out the 10.1 doesn't come with the ARINC but does come with the AHARS. I want IFR so would have to have the ARINC for a Garmin 175 which is not on their compatibility list but GRT said they will make it work. Thank you
Actually, I have an HX. I used to have an HS, so I assumed the 10.1 is at least as good as the Hx (but I understand, one should never assume). There are several threads about this, and the G175, on the GRT forum. What I have: two GRT HX?s; 1 SL30 (RS232 to HX); 1 G420W (yes, you need an arinc connection as well as serial to the EFIS); remote-mounted Trig TT22 transponder controlled by EFIS (serial connection to HX for control, altimeter, plus second serial connection to 420W for gps, for adsb-out 1040 S-ES); for adsb-in I use a remote mounted Skyradar D2 (it?s USB to the Hx, not sure if the 10.1 can use that). I also use a Trio Pro autopilot (usually controlled by the Hx), back up Dynon D6, home made audio panel.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:44 PM

Thanks Bob for your info, I did get an email from GRT and they said no 10.1 video's yet that they know of. The Garmin 175 GPS/Nav just says for enroute IFR what ever that means no GS or ILS will have to check that out. GRT says they will make it work for the 10.1
Old 02-19-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRV7 View Post
The Garmin 175 GPS/Nav just says for enroute IFR what ever that means no GS or ILS will have to check that out. GRT says they will make it work for the 10.1
Just to be clear, the G175 is a gps only. There is no NAV side.