- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:08 PM

Default Throttle and Mixture Cable Routing

So I'm using Van's Throttle Quad and Standard cables, I went to route them tonight to check the lengths were good, which they are, but the clearance around the engine for the Throttle cable is really tight. I ran the mixture cable under the engine mount and I think it will work, just wondering how others have routed theirs and am I missing anything. (see pics.)

Thanks for any input,
Lynn
Old 03-26-2019, 08:21 PM

I ran mine the other night. Different induction setup though. What you have doesn't bother me. What I will say is that (depending on how the cable end geometry works out) you have what looks like an inch to play with by adjusting the nuts clamping the cable into place. That would give you a little more slack.

Also, I'd try to use a pair of adel clamps to keep that cable off of the engine mount tube.

Alternately, I have a spare 52.5" cable if you're interested. I have the vertical induction FM-200 and needed shorter throttle and mixture cables. I was able to repurpose the 49.5" cable to the mixture and substitute it for the 52.5" cable, but I had to order an even shorter cable for the throttle.
2019(?) RV-10
Old 03-26-2019, 09:06 PM

Consider exchanging the recommended 47.5? RV-10 throttle cable with the 50.5? RV-7 throttle cable. Bend the mounting bracket down a touch as well. I did this and it worked out well.

Stock Van?s IO-540 engine.

Carl
Old 03-26-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
I ran mine the other night. Different induction setup though. What you have doesn't bother me. What I will say is that (depending on how the cable end geometry works out) you have what looks like an inch to play with by adjusting the nuts clamping the cable into place. That would give you a little more slack.

Also, I'd try to use a pair of adel clamps to keep that cable off of the engine mount tube.

Alternately, I have a spare 52.5" cable if you're interested. I have the vertical induction FM-200 and needed shorter throttle and mixture cables. I was able to repurpose the 49.5" cable to the mixture and substitute it for the 52.5" cable, but I had to order an even shorter cable for the throttle.
Kyle,

I am interested in that throttle cable if the OP doesn't take you up on it. Is it a std knob or a quadrant cable? I fear my stock cable may be to short. Engine should go on in mid-April.

Larry
Old 03-26-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lr172 View Post
Kyle,

I am interested in that throttle cable if the OP doesn't take you up on it. Is it a std knob or a quadrant cable? I fear my stock cable may be to short. Engine should go on in mid-April.

Larry
Quadrant cable. Haven't heard from the OP. Let me know.
2019(?) RV-10
Old 03-27-2019, 06:59 PM

Thanks for all the feedback and the offer Kyle, my cable lengths are good, just mostly wanting to make sure I wasn't missing some trick.

Lynn
Old 03-27-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
Quadrant cable. Haven't heard from the OP. Let me know.
Disregard. I am not using a quadrant. Thanks any ways.

Larry