While the G3X was being certified, Team X continued to move forward with software features for the E-AB and LSA markets. G3X Touch software 8.20 is now available for non-certified aircraft and can be downloaded from the Garmin website:
Rev L of the G3X Touch Pilot’s guide is now available for download for more information on these new features.
• FIS-B weather products weather products have been expanded to display the following new products:
o Cloud Tops Forecast
o Turbulence Forecast
o Icing Forecast
Here are the currently available FIS-B weather products available when connected to a GDL 39/39R/39 3D, GDL 50/50R/52/52R, GNX 375, GTX 345/345R/45R:
Note: In current software, these 4 new FIS-B weather products are only available over a Bluetooth connection. If you only have an RS-232 connection to your ADS-B receiver, it is recommended to add a Bluetooth connection to receive the new weather products.
• Added support for the new GPS 175 and GNX 375 IFR navigators. The GAD 29 is required when interfacing the G3X to the GPS 175 or GNX 375.
You can check out these great new products on our website:
GPS 175: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/577202
GNX 375: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/577174
Or check out the VAF announcement for the new navigators:
• Added support for GAD 29B and analog autopilot interface with GPS Steering (GPSS)
• Added Percent Power on EIS strip for the Rotax 915 iS FADEC engine.
• Improved audio to play “Engaging Autopilot” aural message on top of AOA tones
• Includes G5 software version 6.10 which adds the following:
o Display of True Airspeed (TAS) and Outside Air Temp (OAT) on the PFD page.
o Display of wind velocity and direction on top left of HSI page and Course (CRS) digital readout on bottom left side of HSI Page
• General System Improvements
See the Garmin website for a full list of software versions and changes associated with Software Version 8.20.