What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak Pictorial T & B 2 is shaky

Snap

Well Known Member
Hey guys,

just bought a used Trutrak Pictorial turn and bank coordinator. Turns out it workes fine except that it tends to start shaking when left perfectly alone. Not always but sometimes. Will try to attach a video of it.

Opened the instrument to find a RC Gyro installed and three potentiometers to set it up. Set it perfectly to zero, but am not possible to adjust the sensitivity. Turning down the sensitivity should make it usable again I guess. Has anyone of you had the same problem and was able to fit it?

Thank you!

Part number is PTC2

In homebuilt terms that is an older piece of gear (sadly!!). I had one in my bought plane but it never worked. I have no input for you other than to tell you you should call TruTrak. When I added my Gemini A/P in place of the non-functioning T&B, they took it as a trade-in. They should be able to give you some insight into what it is doing, especially with your videos as support.

Sorry there isn't more help for you here. I just don't think there are too many flying T&B's these days.

Good luck! Andy

Thanks Andy for the input! Will call Trutrak or shoot them an email.

...got this for my glider as a backup if I will find myself above a closed cloud layer sameday. ;)

Back