What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Look who's on the cover of Sport Aerobatics!

ronschreck

Well Known Member
I'm going to toot Jerry Esquenazi's horn a bit. Getting your plane on the cover of Sport Aerobatics just means you have a beautiful airplane. Winning the Sportsman Regional Champion position in TWO IAC regions means you know how to fly the wings off that beautiful airplane. :eek:

Jerry took top honors in the Northeast region in 2018 with an overall average score of 82.92 percent! He also took top honors in the Southeast region with a mind-blowing overall score of 83.83 percent! By the way, second place honors in the Southeast region went to our own Randy King, flying his RV-8.

Jerry will be stepping up to the Intermediate category in 2019 just to give me a hard time. :rolleyes: All you Sportsman competitors can take a breather.

Way to go Jerry !!!

Looking Great. Congratulations on a great year in IAC last year. You and Ron are perfect RV ambassadors for our group. See you out soon.

Thank you guys. I?m not going to be giving Ron a hard time anytime soon! I still have a lot to learn. The step to Intermediate will be like drinking from the proverbial fire hose! Snaps, rolling turns, neg G pushes, and the ?make or break you? Unknown program will certainly provide a challenge.

Curt, Ron is THE AMBASSADOR! I am the disciple. Although, my hope is that an RV on the cover of Sport Aerobatics will help motivate more RVers to join in on the fun. Who would of thunk?!; An RV on the cover of IAC?s magazine where one would normally find Pitts?s, Decathlons, Staudachers, and Extras.

A little about the picture. The photo was taken just after the US Nationals Aerobatics Championships in September at Oshkosh. The photographer was IAC?s very own Evan Peers. Sport Aviation?s photographer Connor Madison also took some amazing pictures. The photos were taken from an A36 Bonanza with the doors removed. It was a great opportunity and there was no way I was passing up on that just to get home a little earlier! It had already been a very long week. After seeing the pictures in October, my hope was that someday one of the pics might show up across the changing banner on IAC?s website. I had no idea it was going to show up in the magazine, much less the cover! I hadn?t even seen the magazine yet when a friend texted the picture to me. You can imagine my surprise!

In any case, it?s all very exciting. Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement.

Wow

Jerry,
Congrats my friend. Mark would be absolutely ecstatic and very proud of you.

You Da Man

The Star

Jerry,
Ron might be the leader and ambassador, but you're the STAR and making us proud.

Bill McLean

Thank you Schmitty, Amir, Bryan, Bill, Tom, and Karl. I really appreciate it guys. I'm looking forward to another fun season. Hope to see you guys at the contests. Ron and I are gonna stretch are legs and go to a few Texas contests this year!

The accomplishments of course deserve to be bragged about, but to me the beauty of that paint job on your plane has stuck with me. What a beauty!!!

Beautiful

Beautiful airplane, amazing pilot, great guy! Congrats Jerry. See you on the circuit this year!
Randy

Thank you very much for the compliments Don, Randy, and Eddie! Looking forward to hanging out with you at the contests Randy. Us RV guys got to stick together! :) And a big congratulations to you too! Two RVs taking the the top two spots in Sportsman in the SE. How awesome is that!!!

Last edited:
Many times I?ve been watching you fly and have to do a double take to make sure I wasn?t watching one o them fire breathing unlimited mounts. You really do fly it well Jerry. NOW MOVE UP!

Congrats Jerry! I still want your autograph.....maybe you could sign my hat?

Let's do Santiago brother.....dinner's on me!

Thank you very much Tony. Great chatting with you the other day! See you tomorrow! :)

Thanks a bunch Hollywood. I hope you?re making good progress on your -8. I haven?t been to Alexander City in a long time. I?m on the big Bus now so no Santiago for me.:(

Thank you guys. I?m not going to be giving Ron a hard time anytime soon! I still have a lot to learn. The step to Intermediate will be like drinking from the proverbial fire hose! Snaps, rolling turns, neg G pushes, and the ?make or break you? Unknown program will certainly provide a challenge.

Curt, Ron is THE AMBASSADOR! I am the disciple. Although, my hope is that an RV on the cover of Sport Aerobatics will help motivate more RVers to join in on the fun. Who would of thunk?!; An RV on the cover of IAC?s magazine where one would normally find Pitts?s, Decathlons, Staudachers, and Extras.

A little about the picture. The photo was taken just after the US Nationals Aerobatics Championships in September at Oshkosh. The photographer was IAC?s very own Evan Peers. Sport Aviation?s photographer Connor Madison also took some amazing pictures. The photos were taken from an A36 Bonanza with the doors removed. It was a great opportunity and there was no way I was passing up on that just to get home a little earlier! It had already been a very long week. After seeing the pictures in October, my hope was that someday one of the pics might show up across the changing banner on IAC?s website. I had no idea it was going to show up in the magazine, much less the cover! I hadn?t even seen the magazine yet when a friend texted the picture to me. You can imagine my surprise!

In any case, it?s all very exciting. Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement.

Congratulations! You?ve givenall ofus who love RV-aerobatics something to aspire to- well done!

Back