Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > COMM
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2019, 06:49 AM

Post New (Jan 2019) Garmin GTR 200B COM Radio with Bluetooth

Garmin is pleased to announce the GTR 200B panel mount COM radio for experimental and light sport aircraft that offers all the powerful features of the GTR 200 including advanced auto-squelch, 3D audio, stereo intercom, stereo music input, alert inputs, standby frequency monitoring, on-screen frequency identification, 10W of power, 25 kHz tuning, and remote tuning integration with G3X Touch, Garmin portables, and other EFIS systems.

Additionally, the new GTR 200B provides a Bluetooth interface with convenient front panel control that supports telephone/tablet connectivity for communications and music for those using the GTR 200B as their 2 place stereo intercom.

The GTR 200B uses the same rack/wiring as the popular GTR 200, and is a slide-in replacement for those wanting to upgrade.

Pairing your phone or tablet to the GTR 200B, is quick and easy with the Bluetooth connection page.

The GTR 200B retains the ability to wire a stereo music source into the rear connector, and adds a music source menu control to switch between hardwired and Bluetooth music. If you have a GDL 51/51R or GDL 52/52R SXM music receiver, these units may be connected to the GTR 200B by using either hardwire or Bluetooth.

The GTR 200B Media page provides a display of the artist and song title, along with media controls and music volume control.

New softkey options on the GTR 200B support quick access to the media page and/or a top-level single button play/pause control. Pressing and holding the play/pause softkey also provides quick access to the media page without dedicating a softkey to this function. The Bluetooth symbol indicates a device is connected. If you leave the telephone page when a phone call is active, the telephone icon at the top level is a reminder that a phone call is active.

The pop-up telephone page allows you to answer or reject incoming telephone calls.

You may hang up a call in progress either by using your phone or the front panel controls of the GTR 200B. You can also easily adjust the telephone volume of a call in progress from this page, and even see the battery level of your phone (when supported by the phone).

The GTR 200B is available now for a suggested retail price of $1,395.00. The existing GTR 200 is still available at the same suggested retail price of $1,199.00 for those with a Bluetooth audio panel like the GMA 245 that donít need a Bluetooth capable COM radio and intercom.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.

Last edited by g3xpert : 07-23-2020 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Updated image links.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:06 AM

Are there any future plans for Bluetooth control of frequencies, parameters, etc?

Michigan
RV-7
Cessna 140
Old 01-16-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von_flyer View Post
Are there any future plans for Bluetooth control of frequencies, parameters, etc?
Hello John,

The Bluetooth interface is for telephone and music audio.

The GTR 200B, like the GTR 200, also has CAN and RS-232 interfaces which are used to interface to devices which remotely tune the radio. There are no plans to use Bluetooth for this interfacing.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:31 AM

If someone bought this radio and a gtn 650, how difficult or limiting would it be to use this as an audio panel instead of a dedicated GMA245? Will it allow you to monitor one freq while talking on another? How about pilot isolate? I would love to delete the GMA from my planned panel if possible.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rRob View Post
If someone bought this radio and a gtn 650, how difficult or limiting would it be to use this as an audio panel instead of a dedicated GMA245? Will it allow you to monitor one freq while talking on another? How about pilot isolate? I would love to delete the GMA from my planned panel if possible.
Hello Rob,

Good question. The GTR 200/200B radios, while great to use for a single COM radio installation with pilot/copilot stereo intercom (now including Bluetooth music/phone support), does not perform the function of an audio panel in a dual COM setup.

Trust me, you will not regret installing the GMA 245 audio panel. It is a real pleasure to use and the only way to go with a dual COM setup.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by g3xpert : 07-23-2020 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Fixed broken image link
Old 01-16-2019, 03:23 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

For anyone who does the upgrade to Bluetooth, I am looking for a GTR 200.

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 01-16-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
For anyone who does the upgrade to Bluetooth, I am looking for a GTR 200.
I plan on it, and will let you know when I find somebody shipping them and pull the trigger.

Chris
Old 01-16-2019, 04:40 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3xpert View Post
The GTR 200B is available now for a suggested retail price of $1,395.00.
Thanks,
Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea2jet View Post
I called Aircraft Spruce today to order the new GTR200B and was told $1595
Hmmmmm methinks ACS might want to reconsider that price.

I suspect that with the $1,395.00 being a suggested price that you should be able to find it for a bit less.........

Maybe check with Stein.

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 01-17-2019, 05:30 AM

I'll be next in line behind Mike for a non Bluetooth GTR 200.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rRob View Post
With the GMA245 you get bluetooth anyway, so you could pick up one of the many GTR200 non-bluetooth models that are about to hit the market at rock bottom prices...