What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

intersection fairing rain and bird **** tape

A5555

Well Known Member
the plane sat on the ramp in Wichita for 10 days while I painted my father's house. before I departed I placed tape on the intersection fairing thinking it would keep the rain out. it worked well and it also kept all of the bird **** out too. you would not believe all of the bird s h i t running down the vertical stab.

cleaned. picture of the tape.

bird%20crap1_zpsgnvawrn2.png

bird%20crap2_zpshqrnaepm.png

even some rain would not remove the evidence. stuck like glue.

rain_zps9a39imer.jpg

first time to use an airless sprayer. for what it's worth, a picture of the cart we fitted for the pump. I was pleased with the results. I transported the pump in the RV. No disassembly required. Behr paint. Did not thin the paint.

house%20paint%202_zpszfgvjvju.png

house%20paint_zpsvjve30hz.png

Last edited:

you would not believe all of the bird s h i t running down the vertical stab.

[/IMG]

I believe you Steve. Parked couple years under the elements the best season for me is winter. No toxic poop in February. :D

Ask Amanda to invent an attachment on top of the VS/rudder to keep flying cows off.

Bird poo

Probably would be easy enough to fabricate an anti bird rousting strip like that are installed on cell towers,building ,ect. There simply a bunch of wire quils a little bit longer than the legs of the target bird types. Just a bunch of safety wire "U's" stuck up through a pool noodle or pipe rap insulation on about 1" centers with a duct tape liner to hold the wires in and serve as scratch protection of the paint will deter birds from lighting.

Probably would be easy enough to fabricate an anti bird rousting strip like that are installed on cell towers,building ,ect. There simply a bunch of wire quils a little bit longer than the legs of the target bird types. Just a bunch of safety wire "U's" stuck up through a pool noodle or pipe rap insulation on about 1" centers with a duct tape liner to hold the wires in and serve as scratch protection of the paint will deter birds from lighting.

Just like the new rain gauge collector I had to buy for my weather station. The bird c**p used to clog the hole at the bottom with the original spikeless one. :)

6463-2.jpg

powder coating

I talked my Father into power coating his iron work. I think he is happy with it.

House%20painting%20and%20lace%20trim%20%20001_zpsiouunzir.jpg

top%20gun_zpszp6ax99v.jpg

Last edited:
Back