What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TIP: This is how to Eliminate iPad/iPhone Charger Noise

ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
After installing a new intercom, I got the most annoying noise in my headset from my iPad charger. It sounded like a hamster running on a squeaky excersize wheel.

Now I did have some grounding issues with my intercom installation which I fixed but the hamster was still running.

So, I found a recommendation online for a ground loop eliminator. I found a couple of options online but I chose the one below because of its small size. It was around $10 on Amazon.com.

8befbd407374b96fb3248c8159814559_zpssvoqfos6.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0171PQLB8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I plugged it in between the iPad and the intercom and the noise magically disappeared with no negative effect on the music.

I use a RAM mount for my iPad Mini. Since this thing weighs next to nothing I simply glued it to the back of my mount.

So there you go. You're welcome!

Last edited:
is it just me....???

...ok, I TOTALLY thought you were going to say.....

" just put the charger in a beer can, and it will shield the RF interference!"

.....or does my brain just work funny? :rolleyes:

The picture loaded slowly for me and my first thought was that the can was an integral part of the solution...

Ha! I wanted to put something in the picture that showed the relative size of the unit and I had the can handy.

You guys got me thinking though. Had I just gotten myself another can and some string I could have saved a lot of money on an intercom plus my passenger and I could just sing to each other totally eliminating the hamster! ;)

it's called an audio transformer!
Not a bad price for a packaged solution, especially if you have Prime.

No... the idea is to drink the content of that can and you will stop hearing the noise. TIP: The more you drink the less the noise will get.

Back