What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help! successor to Sacramento Sky Ranch

scsmith

Well Known Member
I thought I recalled hearing that when Sacramento Sky Ranch closed, someone acquired everything and started a supply business in Lincoln or something like that?

I searched the archive and only found the one thread about the mechanics toolbox guide.

I would like to verify what a particular SacSkyRanch p/n is for something I bought a long time ago. Hoping someone kept the records.

Speaking of...

Anyone know the folks that owned Sac Sky Ranch? They certainly have the right to permanently remove their web site, but if they were willing to allow it, it could have been archived in the 'Wayback Machine'. No cost to them, and that useful info they had archived in one place would still be available to us.

It doesn't show up in the Wayback Machine; apparently the 'no robots' flag had been set in their site code.

Bummer that they are no longer around. I have the Sky Ranch "Engine Manual" published by Aircraft Technical Book Company, which is a FANTASTIC resource. SAC is so close by to the Bay Area; I would have loved to have these guys help/ advice on getting my FF in ship shape.

John's Knowledge

John's knowledge about most things aviation is hard to replace----I need to some some data about hoses in 1936-37 about a certain Lockheed Electra project I was involved with for a short time. Called John, and he knew.

Businesses can be replaced, but the knowlege of the past may not be.
Tom

Back