What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Eagles Nest Project?

dweyant

Well Known Member
Just wanted to share some really exciting news.

I teach the PLTW Engineering program for Georgetown ISD, just north of Austin.

I've been working with our administrators to try and get permission to offer the PLTW Aerospace Engineering program in conjunction with the Eagles Nest Project.

Last week I flew two of our central office folks from KGTU over to Pearland to meet with Ernie and the folks running the program in League City. The guys I took over where extremely impressed, and really enjoyed getting to fly over in a "private" airplane (I borrowed my former partners Cessna 177B).

Yesterday morning I received word that the district has tentatively approved the program for the 2016-2017 school year!

As long as I can show enough interest in the program from the kids we should be good to go with the program for next school year!

-Dan

Exciting news!

As I told Beth Jenkins, I would be happy to help out as needed...

Congratulations!

I am planning a build program through my church in Universal City/San Antonio, and Ernie's been a huge help to me. We don't have a school, so we're not able to partner with the Eagle's Nest program, though.

Another Eagles Nest Project

We have been working on an Eagles Nest Project Program here in Tucson. I haven't commuicated with Ernie lately to tell him how we are doing. Maybe he will read this for the update.

Our program is also proposed to start for the 2016-2017 school year. We have submitted our proposal to the Marana Unified School District and are meeting with the curriculum board next week.

We should know by the end of the week if we are a go! We have the support of the HS principals and STEM coordinator.

Back