I am posting this in hopes that this will save others the time, money and energy I invested into the Sikaflex bonding issue I had.
Situation: I previously bonded my sliding canopy about a year ago using the common process found here on this site. (Scuff both canopy, and frame, clean with Sika Aktivator, prime with Sika 209D primer, then apply 295UV adhesive).
Now came time to bond the windshield; I opened up the primer and activator and all I found were little solid hockey pucks of dried up primer. I posted a few WTB posts here with no luck. I remembered when I got my windshield replaced on my truck a while back that the company (large national windshield company) was using sika products as well. So I payed a visit to the local shop where the friendly employees gave me these few items:
The flat pads are individual use Aktivator pads and the sticks are “Sika Primer-206 Stix”
for the primer states that it is suitable for: Glass, FRP, ABS, Plastics, Aluminum, Steel, & Paints. My concern was using it on the acrylic canopies so I placed a call to Sika technical support and described my application. The representative said that either 206 or 209D primer would be suitable for the acrylic and that the 206 would be better for the powdercoat roll bar.
My point here is that you can purchase these individual use Stix for considerably cheaper ($1.30 per stix) than the bottles and I never knew this and I don’t think I have seen others mention this on the forums. It took only one stix and one activator pad to prime my roll bar AND a 3/4” strip on the windscreen. I would think that one could do their entire canopy (slider and windscreen) easily with about 6-10 of these little guys and they were very easy to use.
Let the naysayers begin but I would do it this way again in a heartbeat. You might be able to get them free like I did.
Hope this helps someone else.