What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IC A210 error message

DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
Have a A210 that began having Rx problems couple days ago. Weak, Distorted and extremely low volume. I did see the RX flag over the freq when message was incoming, TX seems to be fine. Decided to pull from the tray and reseat the connector. The ribbon wire now looks to be damaged. On repowering up I get a "RX ERROR" message on the left side where active freq is normally displayed. A little wiggle in the tray and it will go away but reappears. Can the ribbon cable be the problem or is there something that needs ICOM attention??

I understand the cable is often the weak point. It can be replaced fairly simply. Call Icom USA on Monday. Report your progress if it works out ok.

It's the cable, stop playing with it and buy a new one before you damage your radio, new connector cables a cheap.

Have a A210 that began having Rx problems couple days ago. Weak, Distorted and extremely low volume. I did see the RX flag over the freq when message was incoming, TX seems to be fine. Decided to pull from the tray and reseat the connector. The ribbon wire now looks to be damaged. On repowering up I get a "RX ERROR" message on the left side where active freq is normally displayed. A little wiggle in the tray and it will go away but reappears. Can the ribbon cable be the problem or is there something that needs ICOM attention??

Cheers

ribbon cable

Icom seems to believe the ribbon cable could cause the problem. I ordered half a dozen ribbon cables, they are $2.75 each from the west coast. Shipping to east coast is $7.00 and couple days. Hopefully I will have couple extras if anyone needs one.

Back