What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N168LW flies

seattleworm

Well Known Member
Sponsor
After 3 years and 2 months, N168LW took to the sky for the first time on 5/27/2014 for about 40min. After slight trimming, it flew hands off. First flight showed that I probably need half ball right rudder trim, but I will live with for now until I have a better feeling about the trim. No major squawks. FWF is as clean as before the flight, no leak, no chafing. Some minor things to work on. Got some radio interference when strobe is on, not bad, just annoying. Also, the Van's stall warner came alive too early, so I got this LOUD warning sound during my entire landing flare, until the airplane slows down to taxi speed. I will have to tweak the angle a bit. Maybe once I have my AOA calibrated, I will just disconnect the stall warner.

http://youtu.be/p1EWF7w513Q

zj9egh.jpg

34exiex.jpg

2d1txjb.jpg

2ui7mdv.jpg

Last edited:
You have the same look on your face as I did, game face hiding my true feeling. Holy cow can't believe I'm flying my airplane.

Congrats.

Congratulations!!

Shawn, big congrats on your first flight:D

'Nother tick on the Hobbs.

Awesome!

Very Nice Shawn! Looks like a great flight and I hope you get through phase 1 just as cleanly.

Darin

Very Nice!

Congratulations and yes, you hid that grin well, even after you greased your landing! I'm still about 6 months out on my 7.

Back