What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight N89SE

SHIPCHIEF

Well Known Member
So it took about 14 years!
In a perfect winter afternoon, with temps in the upper 30s, no wind, blue sky, and near sunset. With the sun behind on final. :D
I only flew the circuit once and landed, the prudent thing with an alternate engine. It ran wonderfully and the RV-8 airframe was totally awesome.
Marilyn had me fly her RV-4 to 'check for a vibration' but I think she wanted me to have a warm up flight, and I'm grateful.
THANK YOU VAN!
Thank you, every one who helped, offered advise, or simply put up with me.
Thank you Doug Reeves for this 'place'.
Now on to flight development, wheel pants, a little more paint, and lots of flying!
Marilyn and I are looking forward to making that radio call "RV flight of two".
Next destination: Formation Clinic! (after 39.8 remaining hours of Phase 1)
For the detail oriented persons who know me:
I always predicted the first flight would be on Friday. I was anticipating doing this tomorrow, but on that one fateful high speed taxi test, I simply neglected to pull the throttle at .7 Take-off speed.

Scott congratulations! You set the bar pretty high after phase one. Formation Clinic is something I would like to attend too some day. Please report back during and after flight test.

Very nice Scott. I have been following your progress here and on your site. It looks like you have a good combo with plane and engine. I admire the extra time and expense trying something new. I wish I had the skills! Best of luck with your phase 1 and then - see the world!

Back