What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Coast to Coast to Coast

apkp777

Well Known Member
I am not sure how rare this is, but I don't expect that I will do this ever again. In the past 30 days my plane has seen (with me in it) both the Pacific Coast of California, the Atlantic Coast of Florida and Lake Michigan. I flew altogether about 45 hours this month cross country and about 5000 miles or so.

San Diego, CA
f2070k.jpg

Jacksonville, FL
156pw20.jpg

Chicago, IL
8xvkaw.jpg

rare indeed!

Tony, go ahead and post...even brag about it! I haven't flown 45 in the last 2 years!...and haven't gone more than 50 miles from home....so your accomplishment is significant to me!

( beware .....the big airborne snakes over Jacksonville eh? :)

If only I had a month off from work to make the trip.... Looks like you had fun. Is the shot in San Deigo Ocean Beach looking south?

San Diego, our home town! Bruce H you should see if this nice guy would take you up in his 9.

flyboy1963: I really had not flown much this year myself (my plane), October definitely got me back on pace.

Bill: having quit one of my full-time jobs, I find I have a whole lot more time only working 12 hours a day!

Vlad: I would do it again, just doubt I will have the occasion to do so. My son was graduating from Marine boot camp which is why we flew out to San Diego. The Florida trip is sort of our "regular" cross-country, having done that many times. We are recent "empty-nesters" even our little dog died recently, so all excuses not to travel are gone. I follow your exploits and it's giving me some great ideas! Hope to cross paths someday.

pmccoy: Yes, we are just North of San Diego. SoCal approach was relatively cooperative in giving us a shoreline tour on our arrival.

bruceh and EDog: I would have loved to give you a ride. Mine's a straight 9 and not the 9a so it's a bit different. Still flies the same though...amazing! You'll love the 9a.

Back