Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM

Default RV Weekend

All-

Since I cleared my Phase 1 flight restriction in July, I have been having a blast flying my RV-9A. These are really great machines!

Saturday
Flight #1; KCCB to KCNO to have lunch with some friends. Bill is building a RV8, Rocky a Sportsman

Flight #2; KCNO to L35 took Rocky for his first ride in my RV. We had a nice flight up to Big Bear. Much cooler in the mountains. Well we were there, I filled out paper work to get an airport parking spot. Big Bear has a gated lot for $25 a month. We have a cabin in Big Bear, and leaving a car in this lot is going to work out great. It was the last available spot.

Flight #3; L35 to KCNO to drop Rocky back at his hangar and check out progress on the sportsman.

Flight #4; KCNO to KCCB put the plane to bed, and I spent the night in the camper in my hangar. Had a sunrise departure planned.

Sunday
Flight #5; KCCB to KBIH took Keith up to Bishop, CA. He was meeting some friends for golf and fishing. Sunrise departure, with two other RV's lined up behind us for early morning flights out of Cable. This flight was 1.5 hours, average ground speed 185mph at 2450 rpm and 7 gph fuel burn.

Flight #6; KBIH to L35 after dropping Keith at Bishop, I got ATC Flight following to let my fly over restricted airspace and head directly to Big Bear. A bit of head wind on this leg, as the ground speed dropped to about 155mph.

Flight #7; L35 to KCCB left a car at the airport that my wife had driven up. This was the last flight of the weekend, and my wife and I flew home.

One weekend, seven flights, six hours logged in the RV-9A.... AWESOME!

Monday; write up a review on my favorite website, and send in a mid year donation to help Doug pay the bills.
First Flight: April 2013
Hobbs: 400 hours after Oshkosh 2017
www.myrv9.com

Last edited by pmccoy : 09-16-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 PM

Default VERY AWESOME!!

Pete dropped me off in Bishop at 8:15 after our 1.5 hour flite. Tee'd off on the Bishop golf course at 9:00. Fished in Mammoth lakes and then played golf at Sierra Star. Tomorrow, i have to make the 5 hour drive back to SoCal with my buddies. Another 2+/- years and i'll make the flite in my own RV7a.

Thanx Pete - it was AWESOME!!

Keith
RV 7A RV #9700 May 2017
N325KS the Flying K
Built in SoCal KCCB, now in GA @ KPXE
900+ Hours & 7X cross the USA
OSH flyin 2018, 2019 & 2022. Petit Jean 2019 & 2021
Old 09-17-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccoy View Post

One weekend, seven flights, six hours logged in the RV-9A.... AWESOME!

Great! That's called FLYING! Post some vectors on a map for us non locals.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:08 AM

And on Tuesday, get youself a camera so we can see what you're seeing!

You guys are spoiled by such scenery out west....show it to us back east!

I'm glad your hours and hours of work are starting to pay dividends!

Track my RV7A!!

Bought my flying -7A
Building an -8! (Fuse)