What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

position lights

I'm not real sure where to post this but since it's in my -6a I figure this is the best place to start.
Yesterday I got stupid, (not the first time), and managed to drop my green position light lens on my concrete hangar floor. I can't print the words I said but you can imagine. Enough rambling, my question is if anyone has used replacement LED bulbs, and did you use the same lens, or did you use a clear lens? Currently, I have the Whelen 650 series with colored lenses and incandescent bulbs. I have been wanting to upgrade to LED lights but because of my airplane money going to my panel upgrade and fuel I have not done it yet. Now I either have to replace the lens on one side or do an upgrade now. IMO a clear lens or colored lens on a colored LED should make no difference but The parts house seems to think that I can not use a clear lens.
Thoughts?

My Whelen LED wing tip lights have clear lens and color LED diodes. This is how all the LED lights are designed these days. The incandescent light are all white light and you need the color lens.

Back