What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crow Harness - RV6/RV7/RV9/RV14

Aero_Octaveus

Well Known Member
Well, I received my Crow Harnesses today, aside from the insanely quick shipping here is a quick "Out of the box" review of them. Firstly, I ordered directly off the website and chose the Kam Lock RV6/RV7/RV9/RV14 Restraints with Pads in the Pro Series with Black Hardware (2" width). I did not choose the 2" Aluminum adjusters option as when I called Crow to ask about how they differed, they told my they were a cleaner look and weighed about the same as the regular hardware. Since I really want the red pull tabs on the black belts. I opted not for that option adjusters.

Higher quality pictures can be viewed here > https://garetsrv.blogspot.com/2018/12/crow-harnesses.html

Immediately on opening the box, I knew I made the right choice with Crow. Just as everyone attests to, they are perfection in every way.
IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

Straight away much of my pre-order concerns where taken care of at first glance. The Kam lock itself is much nicer than previous pictures on the forum as it now looks similar to those used on the Hooker Harness setup. The diameter is 2 5/16" and they are about 1 1/4" thick.
IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

I was most happy with the attachment fittings. Reading past reviews it seemed that modification was required for the bolts but it seems that this has now been rectified. The crotch strap is not sewn at the bottom attach point allowing it to be adjustable and have that fitting in the pre-cut opening of the Van's attach bracket. The crotch strap attachment fitting is drilled for an AN5 bolt.
IMG_0315.JPG

The lap belt and shoulder harness attachment fittings allow for an AN4 bolt.
IMG_0318.JPG

I pulled out the scale and one complete set of belts (for one person) weighs 1585 grams or 3lbs 7.9oz.

I am extremely happy with my purchase. Hope this answers some questions for you to help make your decision.

Last edited:
Shopping for restraints now. I'm seeing a body of information pushing me towards crow. Thanks for posting.

I was also just about to order and you just answered the questions I had and confirmed Crow is the right choice for me.
Thanks for posting the pics and comments.

I replaced my aging belts during annual with Crow. Same options as above. They are fantastic! Very comfortable, easy to latch and unlatch, attractively designed and well made. What more is there?

Crow harnesses were installed on my RV by the original builder 10 years ago. The Kam Locks now don't really work that well...hard to insert the individual tabs, and one has to give a really good tug to make sure they actually do seat and lock (they occasionally don't). I've blown them out thoroughly with compressed air and some electronics cleaner, which helped a bit but overall they remain a source of cockpit frustration. I've spoken with Crow a couple of times and they were accommodating and tried to be helpful. They strongly advised against disassembly (springs flying everywhere, they predicted). Anyway...can't complain too much about decreased functionality of a 10-year old system and unwillingness to replace parts of a critical safety system. My advice...take meticulous care of those Kam Lock releases.

Last edited:
Back