What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Removing cured proseal / flamemaster

ccsmith51

Well Known Member
Is there any solution that will soften cured proseal / flamemaster enough that it can be somewhat easily removed? I'm talking about the interior of a fuel tank, where it is pretty thick, not a few small drops...

Thanks,

usually people make a sharp edge on a putty knife and slide that under the proseal. I don't know exactly what part of the tank you are having problems but if you can get that in there that would be the fastest

I had to remove some and found a common wood chisel to remove the bulk worked best, then I used my little scotchbrite wheel in a die grinder to remove the remaining traces, and make the metal like new again.

MEK and a hard plastic scraper works for 890 Proseal. I used to use a cut up LearJet windshield, which is plastic, and it worked great for removing proseal from fuel panels.

I am not familiar with the flamemaster.

MEK as you know is not real "healthy" when vapors are inhaled or if you let it be absorbed into the skin.

I got pretty good results on Proseal using a plastic scraper on the thick stuff and once it was pared down pretty thin using Polygone.

Use a plastic steak knife, you probably already have a half dozen of them in your kitchen drawer.
Doug Gray

Back