What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bartow/Avon Park, Temp Hangar

339A

Well Known Member
Well I'm on the road again... I have a couple projects coming up in Florida starting the end of this month. Looking for some temp hangar space somewhere in the vicinity of Bartow, Avon Park, Lakeland, Lake Wales, etc...

Weather permitting I plan to arrive around March 29-30 and will be there for about three weeks (could be longer). So far the FBOs haven't been real helpful. :( Any leads would be appreciated. :cool:

Thanks,

You might also want to check Winter haven. Kgif. Lots of hangars there. :)
Any spare time for sun n fun?

Thanks Turbo,

I'm gonna give them a call on Monday see what they have. The real stink of it is no spare time for SNF and I'll be right next to it.... :mad: Really wanted to go this year too, but the bills must get paid. Gonna be tough looking up and seeing planes headed over to Lakeland all day.

Scott

You might also want to check Winter haven. Kgif. Lots of hangars there. :)
Any spare time for sun n fun?

Thanks for tip Carl. I've been in & out of ZPH several times. Always good fuel prices. Looks like Winter Haven does have hangars. Called them and got it set up.

Thanks Again

Several available at KZPH right now too. Just north of LAL, a bit northwest of KGIF.

813-780-0030

Talk to Lucy Huber or email at: [email protected]

Hey Scott,
No BKV this year?
Sounds like you're working in central FL.
We've had a lot of changes here since you were here last.
Our 2 FBOs have become very competitive in fuel pricing sometimes beating out ZPH & X35.
American Aviation has plenty of empty shade hangars and I know they are price very reasonable. The county may also have one of the bubble hangars available.

Hey Dan, just noticed your post... I called Dyenamic Aviation at BKV and they told me some ridiculous price for a hangar ($50.00 a night). I'll have to give American a call and see what they say. The way the weather is shaping up, looks to be a Sunday arrival for me. Most likely I'll stick with Winter Haven anyhow, as it is close to where I need to be. Still hoping to make one day of SNF, it will probably be Sunday the 6th if I can get free. You planning on going to SNF this year? Might just land at BKV for some less expensive fuel on my way. :rolleyes:

Scott

Hey Scott,
No BKV this year?
Sounds like you're working in central FL.
We've had a lot of changes here since you were here last.
Our 2 FBOs have become very competitive in fuel pricing sometimes beating out ZPH & X35.
American Aviation has plenty of empty shade hangars and I know they are price very reasonable. The county may also have one of the bubble hangars available.

Back