What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Holiday Cheer (RV-14 Style)

Ho Ho Ho

Well,Ho Ho Ho to you TimO. It brought a smile to my face and gave me a chuckle. I am just starting to build a RV14. I have never flown in a RV before. That is until today. A friend gave me a ride in his 10, and I loved it! But sorry Santa, enough about me. Just wanted to say thanks for posting and bringing a smile to my face. Merry Christmas.

Must be nice ...

Must be nice to have such clear ground lines for aerobatic practice. The contrast with the snow makes them stand out so well.
Then again, when you're back on the ground - not so nice. Hmmmm

Thanks guys, it was a blast making the video.

That's a good comment about the snow and the road lines. In the summer that area isn't bad either. I live right under the area the video was made in, and it's mostly just fields and small areas of woods. It makes for great reference points for doing ground reference maneuvers and aerobatics.

There is a downside to the snow though. When you are looking for the local airport or even cities, they can be very hard to pick out in the winter. It sure changes things regarding navigation.

The day I shot the video it was odd weather (that we're still having) too. Ground temps were around 40F, but at altitude it was 59F at around 4500' msl.

Well, I hope you all get a laugh and a smile out of it. It sure is fun having one of these airplanes around to play with.

Thanks, TimO!

Really enjoyed seeing this! Thanks for sharing and have a very Merry Christmas with your awesome family!

Thanks! I really enjoy the aerobatic vids. Someday I will get there, but until I can, living vicariously through you guys will have to do.

Merry Christmas, Tim!

Back