What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I never thought I would get here!

Well, I finally reached a milestone. Empennage, wings, and fuselage are done. I started late in 2012 with the idea that maybe someday I would complete an RV-12. With the help of my dad, son, and cousin, we have progressed to this point (see below). It has been a fun process. Now I really have to unload some cash to get this thing finished.

2zizvj6.jpg

Looks good......I feel your pain regarding cash outlay for "finishing" your baby!!!! An understanding wife (for me) was the key.

Yes, the prices on the Engine and Avionics packages are hard to swallow, but you are a lot closer than you think. Those installs go fairly quickly and then the fun begins. I absolutely love my -12 and you will too.

Good luck on the rest of your build.

I've read a bit about the Viking engines. They look like a very nice alternative to the expensive standard engines.

When I was getting quotes for a plane I was interested in from insurance companies, they asked about what engines were being used, as some do not like to deal with automotive conversions, but man! For the money, the Viking really looks like a much less expensive alternative with the same power.

Looks good. I never honestly considered getting that much done before I had the panel equipment to install.

Bob

Buyer beware

Remember you get what you pay for. Jan has a history of failed prsu's and unhappy customers. To rid himself of his history he changed the company name and moved on to a new crop of unsuspecting customers. Do your homework and know that none of these engines have the kind of testing and endurance that you want in an airplane

Gary Specketer

Last edited:
Vikingaircraftengines

Jan has been great to work with and his company has done every thing it said it would. Some people keep long old memories that d'ont apply now.

Congrats on your progress

Congratulations on your progress so far. The fuselage is the cheap part of the build. We are in the same boat as you as far as engine and avionics. Rigging controls while we decide our next path.

49clipper

Chris, looks good. You (and your dad) are doing a great job. I need to get down there to see it again.
Jim S.

Back