What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Robert Anglin

fixnflyguy

Well Known Member
To all who know or have met Robert Anglin, RV8A and frequent poster on VAF, he passed away yesterday evening while working on his aircraft in his hangar at 8A7. I know Robert was well known in the Houston Texas area, and he had relocated here to NC in retirement a few years ago. He completed his RV8A about 2 years ago, and has been one of those guys that came out to the airport almost every day, rain or shine to fly or work on his RV. He was a man with driven passion for this great hobby and the friendships that go along with it...Robert will be missed by our 8A7 community,and those who knew him. Arrangements have not been disclosed at this time... Praying for his family.

RIP

Sorry to hear this.
I never met Robert but exchanged a few messages on here.....he was always trying to be helpful.
Glad he got to enjoy the RV....
RIP Robert.

My sympathies

I am so saddened to read this. I never met him, but his name was easily recognized and I have read many of his posts here. We will miss his thoughts, his experiences and his encouragement to others.

May his family and friends have many wonderful memories of his life as they grieve his passing.

Last edited:
Condolences

Bill, thanks for passing on the info. Very sad news indeed. I will miss his posts on VAF - I unfortunately didn't have the pleasure of meeting him in person to the best of my recollection. He seemed like a solid guy.

Sorry to hear this, he and his wife came up to Maine for our fly ins multiple times. Great guy! My prayers go out to his wife and family.

Last edited:
My heart goes out to his family.

To all who know or have met Robert Anglin, RV8A and frequent poster on VAF, he passed away yesterday evening while working on his aircraft in his hangar at 8A7. I know Robert was well known in the Houston Texas area, and he had relocated here to NC in retirement a few years ago. He completed his RV8A about 2 years ago, and has been one of those guys that came out to the airport almost every day, rain or shine to fly or work on his RV. He was a man with driven passion for this great hobby and the friendships that go along with it...Robert will be missed by our 8A7 community,and those who knew him. Arrangements have not been disclosed at this time... Praying for his family.

Darn,
I'll be praying for his family as well.

Daddyman

So sorry to hear of Robert's passing. He had a big heart and positive attitude, always ready to lend a hand or have a good laugh. I will miss you Robert

Back