What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ECI kit engines?

N184JG

Well Known Member
A.E.R.O. no longer sells ECI kit engines so where is the best place to buy.I am ready to order now.

You cannot go wrong with America's Aircraft Engines. You will see Steve or Richard Fowler at the ECI tent at Oshkosh and Sun n Fun. They are top notch guys. They are also in the Tulsa area.

[ed. I would like to add that they are an advertiser in the VAF Forums! dr]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Both are very good engine builders. My friends here in WFalls with an RV-10 chose a Barrett IO-540 and I've personally got almost 80 hours now in an RV-8 flying behind an ECI IO-360 from America's and it's been a rock solid reliable, and very smooth running engine.

I got a great deal from Aero Engines Of Winchester as did two of my friends that I refered. The guys name is Tom Schwietz 540-678-1661. Give a call and get a price.

America's Aircraft Engines

Another vote for America's Aircraft Engines. The Fowlers are top notch and the product is as good as there is.

Americas aircraft engines

Another vote for America's Aircraft Engines. The Fowlers are top notch and the product is as good as there is.

I should have clarified that my engine kit was originally purchased from America's and built at my house. It was later sent to Barrett's for their treatment:D

Agreed that the Fowler's are some of the nicest people in the business. They will have competitive prices and great service before, during and after the sale.

Back