What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bad Lands Fly In

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
The Bad Lands Fly In last year was a great time. I hope a lot of you will put it on your fly-in calendar. It is a good one!!!

Last edited:
Bad Lands Fly In.

Larry Vetterman, High Country Exhaust, and the local Fuel Service in Hot Springs South Dakota, has put on a fly-in the last few years.
There was an anouncement on the Front Page a few days ago but no link??

This year the Fly In will be Sept 8,9,10,&11th, 2011
Airport ID..... KHSR

There are a lot of interesting fly out places.
There will be shuttle cars to the hotels, camping on field, and beer!!!!
Plan on attending!!!!

Last edited:
another one added to my schedule. No excuse for me as it's only 387nm away. thanks for the reminder.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. I somehow missed it on the front page. We will be there weather permitting. Had a blast last year. It's only 270 stature miles from us. Airport ID is HSR.

Last edited:
I plan on going again this year. I had a great time last year, Larry did a great job organizing everything.

Band Lands #3

This will be our 3rd year for BL's. Had a great time last year, met knew friends, flew on to Park City Utah for a few days to visit our Daughter. Again this year we will be making it a 10 day vacation. If you’re a first timer, you will want to make the Monuments tour. Didn't make the Monument tour in '09 because of weather but just hanging out with friends is enough for us. 2010 we had great weather and did fly the tour which was worth the wait. With that said, this year we are looking for something else in the area to visit, maybe Custer State Park. We’ll leave the tour for first timers this year. On another note, I’m not sure why one day was added on the front side but hope the burger burn at HSR is still going to be on Friday. That was one of the highlights of our first year just sitting around meeting new friends. Sherri and I missed that first day last year due to weather over IA but came in just before the Tour on Saturday morning. Either way, we are planning on making this another great year at the Band Lands. We had a group of 4 planes from Wisconsin last year and hope to add more this year.

Look forward to seeing you'all there.

Back