What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Temp hangar/tiedown near Austin

Greg Arehart

Well Known Member
Weather and schedule permitting, I'm hoping to fly to Austin to visit my son over the holidays for a few days. Looking for a recommendation as to where to find temporary hangar space or a tiedown for the RV. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Greg

New Braunfels, TX (KBAZ)

Hi Greg,

Call Betty @ 830-606-6666. She will know your options there. Quick trip to Austin.

Good luck,

Austin

KEDC is $10 tie down and fuel is reasonable. Weekend specials from truck or self service.

Ken

Tie Down

If your son is on the South side, Lockhart 50R might be a choice. Probably have room in the big hangar. Don't have the FBO's number handy, but it should be available easily.

Best Texas BBQ anywhere and several RV's around. You might have seen the article on Ted and the Plane Talk Hangar in Sport Aviation. If you get that way, be sure to stop in and check it out. About 30-35 mins to Austin up US 183.

41XS

Hey Greg:

Pretty sure I owe ya one.

I have tie-downs at my place - if the runway is dry enough to land on. I guess with yer big ol' monster mudders, that won't be an issue! Loaner car and room included. Get fuel at T74 2.5 mi NW.

Nasty has my contact info.

Carry on!
Mark

I'll call ya with the info Greg. Mark will take care of ya, and if the runway suddenly gets snowed in or flooded ;), he and the boyz at Taylor will take care of ya too (very close to Mark's Macho Grande runway/hacienda). Mark and Darryl, is Danny's hangar still empty? Maybe another option at T74.

Cheers,
Bob

Hey Greg:

Pretty sure I owe ya one.

I have tie-downs at my place - if the runway is dry enough to land on. I guess with yer big ol' monster mudders, that won't be an issue! Loaner car and room included. Get fuel at T74 2.5 mi NW.

Nasty has my contact info.

Carry on!
Mark

Back