What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

control cable mounting bracket

cholladay

Well Known Member
I went to mount the mixture cable to my fuel servo and found out that there is not a mounting point. I think Vans sent me the wrong bracket. The bracket I got is a VA 149360 and only has a mounting hole for the throttle. There is nothing on the left side of the bracket for the mixture. The bracket I am refering to is mounted between the fuel servo and the engine.
Has anyone else experienced this?

And when you get the right bracket be sure to check you get ALL the travel. Some cables are not quite what you need. 2.25" travel from memory is required.

In the end after much frustration I ordered a shorter arm from PA.

By the way....when I say make sure you get full travel I actually mean full travel plus not hitting the throttle quadrant stops (or push Pull). You MUST HAVE spare travel available because as the engine rubbers settle, the engine sags a little.

Now before you smarties say the bracket is on the sump and it moves with the engine......yes that is true, but you would still be in trouble! What happens is the cable does not move (they are too short overall) and it pulls against the bracket which is very flexible, too much so in my opinion, and as you power up at takeoff Full Rich....the engine pulls forward and bingo your mixture is retarded a little. Just enough to get you leaned out enough that you get some CHT's skyrocketing :eek:

Ask me how I know..:mad:

Anyway........this is something EVERYBODY should be checking.

DB:cool:

Chad,

What fuel servo do you have? I have an extra bracket for an AFP FM-200 that I would be willing to sell at a good price.

bob

Back