What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VAF Sun n Fun Beer Call

mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Looking for suggestions for a possible beer call at Sun n Fun.

We are across for the duration, though may not be there every day - Wifelets in tow....... :eek:

So.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a day, location and time to get some of us Reprobates together, tell lies and tall stories and drink beer ?

Naturally, we will need identification, so again - suggestions are welcome. Carnations, roses etc are out as they would wilt. Large Union Flags are probably out as you Colonials will complain, so we need something that we all recognise.

Suggestions please Gents (and Louise & Roberta).

Hi Mike,

I'm in for that, so long as it's before the Friday. It's a long way back to L.A. even in an RV-4 and I need to be back at work. I should be arriving on the Monday if all goes to plan.

BTW there is a desperate shortage of Theakston's Ales in the US. So if you could find room for the odd barrel in your luggage..... Served at cellar temperature of course (I know you airline types can pull strings).

i always found vans tent to be .......

the best place to meet up with fellow rvers. closing time is beer time. i think that is 5pm.

...BTW there is a desperate shortage of Theakston's Ales in the US. So if you could find room for the odd barrel in your luggage..... Served at cellar temperature of course (I know you airline types can pull strings).

Just looked at Theakston's website. YUM!! There are some American Craft Brewers making some good Ales as well. I doubt we could get a tanker full of Theakstons delivered in time for the show. Look me up, I will be toting some great home-brew Ales.

Mmmmm...beeeer...

I will be there Tuesday till Friday and would love to hook up for some brewskis. Perhaps we could all bring along a sixpack or two of some unique lagers or ales for sampling.
If any UK blokes are coming from the Bath area, please bring some Gem!
Anyway, Van's tent at closing sounds as good a place as any. Just name a day.

maybe.......

we should ask van to put out a few cold ones every day at closing. that will attract some aviators for some good stories.
lockheedf117nighthawk.jpg

Just looked at Theakston's website. YUM!! There are some American Craft Brewers making some good Ales as well. I doubt we could get a tanker full of Theakstons delivered in time for the show. Look me up, I will be toting some great home-brew Ales.

Theakstons? As in Old Peculiar?

As in Old Peculiar?

Old Peculier actually - otherwise known as Milk of Amnesia. That's the one!

I'd settle for some Theakston's XB - can't be too picky. The best we get here is Boddingtons, and there are much better Yorkshire brews to be had.

I do like the idea of bringing a pack of our favourite brews to share - I need to do some serious research:rolleyes:.

Wednesday!

Team RV will be performing on Wednesday. Sure would like a cool one after the performance while greeting some of the VAF regulars.

Impossible to pick the perfect day for everyone's arrival/departure schedule. How about three, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday?

That just leaves a place and time to show up. After the airshow? Is there a central spot with seating?

I have forwarded the thread back to Van's - don't want to impose, but if they are happy to display their wares, perhaps their tent would be a good meeting place - we can then decamp to Margaritaville if it is happening, or a suitably researched location.

If we aim for 1st call Wednesday, it gives guys chance to be re offenders.....:eek:

Now Doug needs to get some complimentary VAF hats sent down to the stand so we can all wear them and recognise each other ;)

I am planning to be there on Thursday and Saturday....maybe Sunday, Can't be there Wednesday or Friday, got too many patient's to see...... good thing I am within driving distance :). Just let me know when and where you want to meet. Looking forward to to finally be able to meet and share a beer with you all.

Back